A powerful breathing technique for stomach organs and helps to bring the Kundalini power upward.
Bahya – Outside (External) | Pranayama – Breathing
As the name suggests, this technique reflects keeping your breath outside during the practice. This exercise should be done after Kapalbhati Pranayama. The other name of this pranayama is called outside breathing or external breathing.
Benefits of Bahya Pranayama
- Helpful to cure acidity, constipation, gastric problem, hernia and effective in diabetes problem
- Reproductive organs, urine, and sperm related problems get cured with the regular practice
Practitioners suffering from a Heart problem, Cervical Colitis, and Blood pressure should not practice this breathing exercise. Women should not practice this during the period. This breathing exercise should be done on empty stomach having gap of 4-5 hours between practice and your meal. If you have any medical concerns, talk with your doctor before practicing yoga.
Steps to do perfect Bahya Pranayama
- First sit on the Padmasana or Sukhasana (simple sitting pose), close your eyes and keep your spines straight.
- Take a deep breath and exhale completely to clear air from lungs.
- Now, hold your breath and touch your chin to the chest (Jalandhar Bandha/Throat lock).
- Pull your stomach in and up under the rib cage such that your stomach and back seem to touch each other from the inside (Uddiyana Bandha). Please see the pose shown.
- Then lift the muscle from groin area (Mulabandha/Root lock). Now, hold all these bandhas for as long as you feel comfortable and then release all locks with deep inhale.
- Relax and Repeat the procedure for 3-4 times.
When you keep your breath out, the vital energy generated by Kapalbhati in ‘Mooladhar Chakra’ evolves into higher forms. Practicing with the above tri-bandha is extremely beneficial for Kundalini Power awakening.
Enjoy this beautiful breathing technique and remove all stomach related disorders forever with regular practice.
If you feel this article is helpful to you then share your experience with us by commenting below. We would be happy to hear from you!